The Biggest Weight Loss Mistakes Women Make. by Jillian Michaels



I'm the motivation coach for this year's Body by Glamour program, but I am going to go back to my roots on this post and talk diet. Here's a taste of the food advice I give my clients--and share with readers in my book Master Your Metabolism).

The top diet mistakes women make:

1. Mistake: Eating too many processed or "diet" foods. I avoid artificial sweeteners, trans fats, MSG, refined grains and nitrates in processed meats at all costs. These types of foods have chemicals in them that mess up your biochemistry, making you sick and fat. As a general rule of thumb eat real food that had a mother or came from the ground and skip all the processed garbage!

2. Mistake: Not counting calories. You have to count calories. So stop asking. It makes things so simple! Learn how many calories are in the foods you are eating (you can look up lots of common foods when you log meals in your Body by Glamour Food Journal. The BBG program even gives you a handy calorie range to hit for weight loss: 1,200 to 1,800 a day).
If you eat more whole foods and keep an eye on calories, the weight WILL come off. No excuses. Make it happen.

No comments: